2012 BG Champs Hotel Info
Following a visit to Stratford and surrounding areas in January 2011, the following information is designed to assist ITC’s and Clubs in selecting accommodation for the British Gas Long Course Championships & Olympic Trials from the 3 – 10 March 2012 in London.
This area is closest to the Aquatics Centre in the Olympic Park (walking distance) and all hotels are within 10minute walk of Stratford Station
- IBIS, 1a Romford Road, Stratford, E15 4LJ (020 8536 3700). Basic hotel with small restaurant in reception area (open until 10pm). Air con available and Wi-Fi (there is a cost for Wi-Fi usage). There are a few pubs/restaurants within walking distance to the hotel. No car parking available
- Holiday Inn Express, 196 High Street, London, E15 2NE (020 8536 8000). Hotel not viewed
- Premier Travel Inn. This hotel forms part of the Westfield Shopping Complex. The shopping centre is due to open in September 2011 (there is not confirmed opening date for the Premier Inn
Westfield Shopping Complex which as previously stated is due to be completed in September 2011 and should provide plenty of restaurant/cafe options for late dining.
Canary Wharf Area
Canary Wharf is four underground stops on the Jubilee line to Stratford (10 mins) or 8 stops on the DLR. A map of Canary Wharf can be found Here.
- Britannia Hotel, 163 Marsh Wall, Canary Wharf, E14 9SJ (020 7712 0100). 80 car parking spaces available at a cost (no minibuses). Air con and free Wi-Fi available. Front of hotel away from the DLR line is quieter. Pizzeria in hotel opens until 01.00. Gym available at a cost. DLR station – Heron Quays Underground – Canary Wharf
- Hilton Canary Wharf, South Quay, Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SH (020 3002 2300) Air con and Wi-Fi (there is a cost for Wi-Fi usage) Small gym available. 25 parking spaces available at a cost (no minibuses). Minibuses can park in a bay next to the hotel which can be arranged via the concierge. DLR station – Heron Quays or South Quay. Underground – Canary Wharf
Docklands / EXCEL Area
A map of Docklands & Excel accompanies this paper. All hotels in this area are on the flight path for London City Airport. The airport is permitted to fly during the following operating hours:
- 06.30 and 22.30 hours on weekdays
- 06.30 and 13.00 hours on Saturdays
- 12.30 and 22.30 on Sundays
Excel is approximately a 20 minute journey time on the DLR and Jubilee line to Stratford
- Novotel, 7 Western Gateway, London E16 1AA ( 020 7540 9700). No twin rooms available as of Jan 2011 (due to ongoing corporate contract). 75 car parking spaces (shared with IBIS). No minibuses. Could offer some flexibility regarding meal times. DLR station – Custom House
- Ramada Dockland, 2 Festoon Way, Royal Victoria Docks, London E16 1RH (020 7540 4820). 60 free car parking spaces (minibuses ok) and plenty of extra spaces at a fee. Internet available at a cost. Small gym. Can be flexible with meal times if requested. DLR station – Prince Regent
- Crowne Plaza, Western Gateway, London E16 1AL (020 7055 2000). 71 car parking spaces available and a further multi storey over the road, minibuses would be able to access these parking facilities Gym available and a 15m pool Air con in rooms. DLR station – Royal Victoria
- IBIS, 9 Western Gateway, London E16 1AA (020 7055 2300). Basic hotel with small restaurant in reception area. 75 parking spaces available (shared with Novotel), not suitable for minibuses. DLR station – Royal Victoria or Custom House.
- Custom House Hotel, 272 – 282 Victoria Dock Road, London, E16 3BY (020 7474 0011). Basic Hotel – Cafe, Chinese Restaurant and Pub attached. DLR station – Custom House
- Aloft London Excel, Royal Victoria Dock 1 Western Gateway, London, E16 1XL (020 7290 7170). This is a new 4* hotel next to EXCEL opening in November 2011. DLR station – Prince Regent