- Swim 21
- Get Involved
- Annual Council Meeting 2015
Thursday 17th November 2011
Barrie Pierpoint, our current Chair, will retire in 2012. He has overseen the development, part-commercialisation, modernisation, growth, tranformation and culture change over the past 3 years.
The role requires someone with strategic vision and an understanding of the voluntary, community and sport sector. The Chair will guide Trustees and enable them to set overall policy, targets and evaluate performance for this thriving organisation that currently offers guidance and support to approximately 1100 voluntary and community sports groups throughout Lincolnshire.
This is an exciting opportunity to support a dedicated staff and volunteer team who offer a range of services to local sporting groups, community clubs and other charitable organisations.
Trustee Board Meetings are held six times a year. Other time commitments may be to attend various meetings and events throughout the year. The constitution reflects this as a 3 year post. This is an unpaid position however travelling expenses are payable.
Skills and Qualifications, the Chair will:
• Be required to have an understanding of the voluntary sector, governance of a charity and charity law.
• Need to be a strategic thinker and able to communicate and consult effectively and to represent the voluntary and sport sector on strategic bodies.
• Have leadership experience.
• Be willing to devote at least a minimum of one day per week, and provide input to the organisation’s growth and development.
For more information please contact Barrie Pierpoint FCIM,
Current Chairman, on 07720 406 806, or email him with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 31st December 2011
Tweets cannot be displayed at this time.