The Lord Lieutenants Award 2012
2012 will be a time for a double celebration as the UK welcomes the world for the 2012 Summer Olympic Games
The 2012 Olympic Games are officially known as the Games of the 30th Olympiad, and the nation commemorates The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee.
To mark this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, the Lord-Lieutenant’s Award for 2012 will take these events as its inspiration and will reflect the ‘inspirational’ qualities and achievements of young people in sports, community life and innovation.
You can nominate young people aged 13-19 for the Lord-Lieutenant’s Award 2012 which recognises their exceptional work and achievements.
Nominations are for:
• Young Community Citizen of the Year - Someone whose actions have helped generate great pride in their community.
• Young Innovator of the Year - A young person who has inspired others with their creativity and innovation in engineering, technology, music or the arts.
• Young Volunteer in Sport Award - Someone who has given their time and energy to volunteer in local sport.
• Young Sports Personality of the Year - A young person who has exceeded expectations in their individual achievement or team work.
• Young Disabled Sports Personality of the Year - A young person with a learning and/or physical disability who has exceeded expectations in their individual achievement or team work.’
Click HERE for more information.