What are the Benefits
The benefits of becoming a Swim 21 Accredited Club
Swim 21: Benefits/outcomes
The benefits of becoming a Swim 21 Accredited Club are mainly seen through the process itself. The programme enhances club management, strengthens the structures and unites the club with a philosophy and programmes that ensures the best environment is available for our swimmers Some key outcomes and benefits are listed below:
- Enables clubs to help swimmers achieve their full potential Swim 21 is a planning tool based upon the needs of swimmers and strives to provide them with the best possible environment.
- National recognition that you are providing a quality service for all your members National recognition is received through the achievement of Swim 21 accreditation. As such all Swim 21 accredited clubs will be listed on the British Swimming website www.britishswimming.org and in ASA publications.
- Recognition by Sport England that your club is safe, effective and child friendly through achievement of Sport England Clubmark Resources
- Enhanced access to various sources of funding Clubs who are working towards or have achieved Swim 21 Accreditation may be looked upon more favourably when applying for sources of funding. In addition it can be used as a negotiation tool with Local Authorities, in terms of seeking additional water time or a reduction in it's cost as your work towards Swim 21 may help achieve their objectives in terms of quality service provision.
Regional Grant Aid
- Club members that are looking to gain their teaching or coaching qualifications with the ASA are entitled to apply for regional grant aid to go towards the cost of the course. swim21 club members are entiteld to double the amount of grant aid that is available to non swim21 club members. This means swim21 club members are able to access £80 grant on a UKCC level 1 teaching/coaching course and £160 grant on a UKCC level 2 teaching/coaching course.
- As of April 1st 2011 regional grant aid will ONLY be available to swim21club members.
Other benefits that Swim 21 will provide for your club include:
- Publicity/ promotion/ recognition & profile
- More members
- More coaches
- More officials/ volunteers
- Increased opportunity to secure funding
- A more organised & resourced club
- School/club links
- Greater support from ASA & other networks
- Club sustainability/ longevity/ development
- Swimmer achievement/development
- A successful method of spreading a club's workload