Go Swimming has everything you need to know about swimming. If you are a parent, a non swimmer or just want to improve your technique this is the section for you.

In British Swimming you will find information about the world of high performance sport, including the disciplines of Swimming, Diving, Synchronised Swimming, Water Polo and Para-Swimming.

The ASA is the governing body for the sport in England. In this section you will find all you need to know about joining a club or competing in England and becoming a swimming teacher or coach.

The IoS delivers the ASA’s courses and is a member organisation. Whether you are a teacher, coach, employer or club you will find everything you need to know about qualifications or educating your workforce.

Accessibility - Text Only - Display Options - Accessibility

Medical Declaration Forms

Share this page

Medical declaration forms must be completed in order to compete in a range of situations. Read on to find out more.

Anyone representing Great Britain or their home country internationally, or competing in a British Swimming ASA, SASA or WASA national event - in all disciplines but excluding Masters - MUST complete a medication declaration form.

The form is available through your club from the registration/welfare officer or through the British Swimming website by clicking here. It must be completed annually or whenever you, or your doctor, change your medication.

Medication in competing - whether prescribed by a doctor or purchased from a pharmacy or other retail outlet - includes supplements such as vitamins, Creatine and Echinacea, along with anything that you may apply to your skin or agents such as eye drops, ear drops, nasal sprays and inhalers. It is vitally important you declare everything.

For general guidance on completing the form and other medical advice concerning competitions and swimming in general, click here.