Merchant Taylors’ Schools SC - Vacancy for Level 2 Swim Coach
Merchant Taylors’ Schools SC - in need of a level 2 swim coach to help within the Swim Club.
Working hours: Fridays 3.45 - 7.00 p.m. (3.25 hrs p/w, 48 hours per year - Sept-July). Start date: Friday 17th October 2014. Pay rate: £14.34 per hour (scale 32). Level 1 candidates will be considered. The candidate would have potential to earn extra working hours within the Swimming Club and Sports Centre.
Prospective applicants are asked to contact Joe Coombes by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0151 949 9355
Merchant Taylors’ Schools Swimming Club Swimming Coach (Level 1 & 2) Job Description
This Job Description sets out the main aspects of the job but it should not be taken as a complete description of the job in its entirety.
• Provide a committed and professional approach towards coaching, supporting all swimmers to reach their full potential.
• Plan and deliver training sessions appropriate to the level of swimmer in conjunction with recommended ASA framework and in accordance with the presented staff rota.
• Provide explanations and demonstrate swimming techniques. Instruct swimmers in the latest skills / drills and stroke technique using relevant, safe, suitable equipment.
• Correct faults in swimming techniques and identify ways to improve performance.
• Organise and supervise assistants and helpers.
• Liaise with the Head Coach and/or Ian Robinson Sports Centre Management in regards to regular attendance, punctuality and performance.
• Monitor swimmers’ progress and recommend swimmer movements between squads in conjunction to the Head Coach.
• Liaise with all the Head Coach for administrative, continued professional development and equipment needs and support.
• Attend all appropriate competitions and training camps on the request of the Head Coach.
• Attend regular meetings for all coaching staff and Ian Robinson Sports Centre management.Attendance may not be paid at the regular rate of pay, but will be a fair and reasonable amount informed to you in advance by the Head Coach.
• Interact and consult with the Head Coach on a regular basis in regards to all Club requirements including staff and swimmer’s performance, pool safety issues, and standards of each session.
• Deal with minor injuries and accidents adhering to the Merchant Taylors’ School First Aid Policy
• Advise and instructor any potential customer complaint to inform the Head Coach who will duly deal with the matter according to policy.
- Follow Health & Safety Procedures and the MTS Child Protection Policy. Be aware of, understand and adhere to the Merchant Taylors’ School Swimming Pool Emergency Action Plan (EAP) and Normal Operating Procedures (NOP).