Adlington Takes the Plunge for FREE, FREE, FREE
Double Olympic and newly crowned European gold medalist, Rebecca Adlington, is encouraging people to take the plunge for free today, as she launches the British Gas 3 Free Swims campaign, at Clissold Leisure Centre in Hackney, London.
British Gas is giving away 3 free swims to their customers (for up to two adults and two children per swim) at health clubs, hotels and leisure centres around the country.
The perfect opportunity to get customers, from paddling pool to podium.
Adlington is still on a high after her gutsy win in the 400m freestyle at the European Championships in Budapest on Sunday evening.
Adlington said: “I am on a personal mission to get as many people as possible into the pool to enjoy the benefits of swimming.
“The British Gas 3 Free Swims campaign is the perfect opportunity to get customers, from paddling pool to podium, into the water to have fun in a safe and healthy environment.”
British Gas is hoping the initiative will be popular with all ages.
It’s a great way to get the kids off the sofa and keep them entertained after weeks of school holidays, while parents can spend quality time with their children in the water.
Teenagers can meet up with their friends, and adults from all generations can enjoy the social and fitness benefits of being at the pool.
Friends and family can take three dips, without splashing the cash, at over 500 pools across the UK until 30th November 2010.
Adlington said: “It’s great that so many pools are taking part all over the country which means that British Gas 3 Free Swims will be accessible to a huge number of people, from all walks of life. Hopefully they’ll enjoy it so much that they’ll keep on swimming.”
Over 300,000 individuals took part in the inaugural British Gas Free Swim campaign last year, and the nation’s leading energy supplier is hoping British Gas 3 Free Swims will be even more successful.
British Gas Communications Director, Andrew Hogan said:
“We at British Gas are delighted to be able to offer our customers the opportunity to enjoy 3 free swims. More people swim every week than any other sport, and as the Principal Partner of British swimming at all levels, we’d love to see even more of you in the pool.”
Aside from the social aspect, swimming is of course also the only sport which can save your life. Over 400 people drown in the UK every year and it is the third most common cause of accidental death in children.
Adlington said: “It’s really important that children learn to swim and be comfortable in the pool from an early age. But it’s never too late to learn. Non-swimmers can use British Gas 3 Free swims to literally dip their toes in the water at no expense.”
For further information go to www.britishgasswimming.co.uk
Terms and Conditions:
• Customers can apply for their 3 free swims at www.britishgasswimming.co.uk
• British Gas will issue its customers with three separate vouchers for up to two adults and to children to swim for free on three separate occasions over a 30 day period.
• Only British Gas residential energy customer to receive a swim voucher.
• This promotion will end on 30th November 2010.
• The nation’s leading energy supplier British Gas is the Principal Partner of British Swimming, and has pledged £15 million to support the sport at all levels – from paddling pool to podium.
• Hackney Council is continuing free swimming for all under-18s and over-60s at the borough’s leisure centres. The Council is committed to providing free swimming to older and young people in the borough.