The ASA’s Swimming Conference 2010
Held on Saturday 23rd October 2010 at Holywell Park, Loughborough, the ASA’s Swimming Conference 2010 was the chance for club administrators to talk to staff and discuss how we can work together to drive the sport’s future development.
The free of charge event featured guest speakers David Sparkes (Chief Executive of the ASA) and Steve Grainger (CEO of Youth Sport Trust). You can read David Sparkes' Keynote Address here.
“The feedback we have received to date has been very positive and hopefully together we can drive future development,” Anne Adams-King, the ASA’s Director of English Programmes.
All delegates also had the opportunity to attend workshops and visit the ‘Communication Zone’ where they could chat to ASA staff on any matters that concerned their club.
The workshops were (click on the title to read presentations from the workshop):
The market stalls were:
- Workforce Development (including IOS, Awarding Body, Coaching Systems officer and ASA System/online payment)
- swim21 – online submissions/resource documents
- Awards – NTPS/Merchandise
- Talent – Disciplines
- Schools Swimming
- Legal - charitable status and vetting / ISA (Independent Safeguarding Authority)/Governance status including Commissioning)
- Our website – www.swimming.org