Useful Equality Resources for Clubs
The ASA has put together many useful equality-related resources for our clubs and members. Below is a collection of some of those resources.
Overview of the Equality Act
These can be found in a toolkit, kindly shared by the Sports and Recreation Alliance, here: Requirements of the Equality Act 2010:
Template Policy Documents
- Swim 21 template club Equality policy, required for all Swim 21 clubs but available to be used by all clubs.
Equality and Diversity in Swimming
- Swimwear and Equality: a guidance note.
- Charter for Action: Communication Toolkit for clubs signing up to the Charter for Action, an array of resources to help communicate the message.
- The ASA has recently worked with The National Deaf Children’s Society in putting together a new resource, “Deaf Friendly Swimming”, for swimming teacher, coaches and parents to help teach deaf children to swim.
- British Disability has prepared a new Toolkit to assist teachers and coaches in identifying talented disability swimmers.
- The ASA has prepared short guide to Encouraging New Disability Swimmers in your Club.
- Disability swimming has put together an excellent resource on the inclusion of swimmers with a disability. Although written prior to the Equality Act 2010, the resource continues to be provide practical guidance for teachers, coaches and clubs.
- Pride Sport have recently published some useful, practical Guidance to support LGBT participation in swimming. Click here to download the Pride Sport document.
- Faith Calendars can be useful tools for clubs when planning events. For example, the BBC has a easy to use and free calendar available here.
Please click here for the latest information packed edition of the Equality – Focus on Sport Newsletter, produced by Vaga Associates.