All the action from the British Gas ASA National Championships 2012
Welcome to the British Gas ASA National Championships 2012 subsection. For all the results, news and interviews from the 20-23 June 2012 swimming event read on.
- Click here for video interviews and race highlights from day four.
- Click here for video interviews and race highlights from day three.
- Click here for video interviews and race highlights from day two.
- Click here for video interviews and race highlights from day one.
The seven qualifiers were:
- David Carry (Stockport Metro) - 400m Freestyle - 3:46.86
- Ieuan Lloyd (City of Cardiff) - 200m Freestyle - 1:47.55
- Chris Walker-Hebborn (Ellesmere College Titans) - 200m Backstroke - 1:57.17
- Marco Loughran (Guildford City) - 200m Backstroke - 1:58.34
- Stephanie Proud (Chester-le-Street) - 200m Backstroke - 2:09.40
- Chris Walker-Hebborn (Ellesmere College Titans) - 100m Backstroke - 54.26
- Siobhan-Marie O'Connor (University of Bath) - 100m Breaststroke - 1:08.04
- Schedule - click here to view the event schedule.
- TeamGB Swimmers - click here to go to Aquatics 2012 top meet the TeamGB swimmers
- London 2012 qualification - click here to find out how swimmers can qualify for the Olympic Games.
- Races to watch - click here to learn about the top races to look out for.
About the event
This summer's Olympic Games in London are the biggest and best swimming competition to take place on British shores.
But while 37 athletes booked their spots on TeamGB in the first trials at the British Gas Swimming Championships 2012, there are still selection spots up for grabs in now fewer than 11 individual events.
The British Gas ASA National Championships at Ponds Forge, Sheffield, is where those final selections will be made.
But sealing those 2012 Olympic spots won't be easy - as well as fending off their rivals to touch the wall first, our GB swimmers will need to duck under specific Olympic qualification times to make the grade.