FAQ - International Permits

Have a query about permission to swim abroad? See if our FAQ below answers your question. If not please email internationalpermit@swimming.org.

Q. What is required from a member/club/squad who is wishing to compete or train abroad?

A. Members, groups of members or affiliated clubs wishing to compete, officiate, coach or train in countries outside Great Britain must apply for permission to do so by completing an International Permit and Clearance Form. CLICK HERE  to download the form or contact ASA Rankings Team on 01509 640761 or 01509 640120. Please remember to apply for an International Permit at least 28 days before leaving the country.

Q. Do team staff require any training before taking club members away?

A. Key members of staff should have attended a Team Manager Training course before taking any club members away. Further information on Team Manager Training can be found on the ASA Volunteering website.

Q. Do team staff require a DBS disclosure?

A. Yes, all team staff are required to have a valid ASA DBS disclosure as detailed in Wavepower 2016-19.

Q. Is there any guidance information on taking club members away?

A. Yes, the NSPCC's Safe Sport Events, Activities and Competitions document provides guidance on planning safely for trips away.  This document can be downloaded from Child Protection In Sport unit website at www.thecpsu.org.uk

Click here to return to FAQ index page

IoS Training For Level 2 Teaching Qualifications Baby Swimming Lesson Guidelines - Parents Sign up to the ASA School Swimming Charter. We're taking swimming seriously, are you? Purchase today