Making a disclosure and barring services (DBS) check
Learn how to carry out disclosure and barring services checks at your club using the GBGroup (formerly TMG CRB) online processing system.
To process DBS checks for clubs the ASA uses GBGroup (formerly TMG CRB), one of the largest and most experienced umbrella bodies processing 200,000 applications a year.
As an Officer for your club you should have received an email from the GBGroup (formerly TMG CRB) detailing your unique access PIN. If not please click here to email the ASA membership department.
Once you have activated the link contained in the email and created a password, your login details will be as follows:
- PIN – as detailed on account activation email
- Email address
A link to the comprehensive guidance notes for the system is provided in this registration email.
GBGroup (formerly TMG CRB) offers phone and email support throughout the process to verifiers and applicants. They can be contacted on 01244 657333 and email@example.com
You will shortly receive further information in relation to what positions can be checked and at what level they can be checked at. Please ensure that these guidelines are followed so that your checks are not carried out unnecessarily.
Below you will find a quick guide. Click on the buttons to follow an outline of the process. If you have any problems please email the ASA DBS team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Club Welfare Officer (known as verifier) adds applicant to GBGroup (formerly TMG CRB) online system.
- Club Welfare Officer (verifier) downloads these two documents to help fill out applications: Click here to download guidance on changing default settings on the OMS which may be required to avoid applications being sent back to you with errors. Download the latest Wavepower update with regards to DBS, Regulated Activity, the positions you can carry out DBS checks, and who can be checked against the barred list.
- Applicant completes form and submits for verification.
- Applicant arranges verification meeting, ensuring appropriate original Identity Documents (ID) are brought to the meeting.
- Club verifier logs in to the online service
- Search for applicant using the search boxes
- Double click on the applicant’s name to open their application ready for verification
- Check original Identity Documents (ID) details match personal details
- Check original ID for authenticity
- Complete the ID validation fields online
3. Next steps
- Your application is submitted to GBGroup (formerly TMG CRB).
- If any additional information is required, this will be requested by email.
- To monitor all your online applications, log onto the GBGroup (formerly TMG CRB) website, select 'All' tab and view the status of each applicant.
- The applicant will receive a copy of their Certificate in the normal manner.