swim21 compliance module
Clubs working through the compliance section of swim21 accrediation have access to a wealth of information and guidance.
- Learn about the ASA Club Affiliation Constitution.
- Read guidelines on ASA Insurance & Incident Notification
- The ASA Code of Ethics covers a range of information, including Codes of Conduct for all members and Child Protection.
- Access the ASA Medication Declaration Form, which should be completed by anyone that is representing Great Britain or their Home Country internationally or competing in a British Swimming, ASA, SASA or WASA National event to declaire medication.
- Browse our Wavepower 2009/11 pages to find the ASA Child Safeguarding Policy and Procedures.
- Swimline, a confidential free-phone number where children or adults can report suspected abuse of young children.
- Club Equity Policy Statement outlines how your club is committed to treat everyone equally within the context of their activity.
- The swim21 Partnership Notes give guidance on how to set up partnerships with key stakeholders, such as schools, and can be used in conjunction with the Statement of Partnership form.
- The swim21 Finance Notes give information about accounts and taxation and give a budget template.
- The swim21 Funding Notes give advice and information about where and how to secure financial support.
- The swim21 Role Descriptions outlines key jobs within a club, including the workforce co-ordinator and club chairman.
- Learn about industry guidance on Safe Supervision for Teaching and Coaching swimming.
- Additional advice on the Teaching and Coaching of Swimmers with a Disability.
- Read guidance regarding Asthma and the Competitive Swimmer.
- The swim21 Club Membership Card template gives advice on what information should be contained on club membership cards.
- The Register of Qualifications & CPD Courses, a swim21 template to help you record teachers/coaches development.
- The swim21 Membership Application template gives advice on the information to collect from members.
- The ASA Disability Discrimination Act-self assessment form allows clubs to assess their accessibility, and should be read alongside the guidelines DDA Info for Clubs.
Health and Safety
- The Facility Induction Checklist, provides an example of good practice in relation to health and safety.
- The Risk Assessment Swimming Competition Events document looks at the health and safety aspects of setting up a Swimming Competition.
- The Risk Assessment Diving Competition Events document looks at the health and safety aspects of setting up a Diving Competition.