Nominations closed for Kellogg’s ASA Swimtastic Awards 2013
The Kellogg’s ASA Swimtastic Awards are where the cream of British Swimming, Diving, Synchro and Water Polo join unsung swim stars from across the UK in a celebration of swimming.
The 2013 event will be bigger and better than ever with a glittering ‘Oscar-style’ awards ceremony hosted by former Olympian, Steve Parry, and a ‘Swim with the Stars’ session where nominees will get the unique opportunity to make a splash with a host of aquatic heroes, many returning from the World Championships 2013 in Barcelona!
Full story with images from last year's event can be found here
Please note that nominations for the 2013 Swimtastic Awards has now closed. Bookmark this page ready for the 2014 Awards.
The Kellogg's Swimtastic Awards take place each year.
They celebrate and reward the unsung heroes of aquatics as voted for by people involved in sport. The winners are invited to a glitzy evening event where they receive their awards from GB's top athletes.
Divided into 11 clear categories, the awards acknowledge people of all ages and abilities.
Note: entries closed 12 noon, 7 October 2013
- Young Swimmer of the Year: This could be someone that shows particular promise in the pool at a young age and has achieved a high standard of swimming already. They may have put in a particularly brilliant effort to gain an ASA Award this year.
- Disability Swimmer of the Year: This award is for a swimmer who has overcome a disability and continues to develop their swimming, achieving high standards throughout the year. They may have gained a particular award this year or been successful in challenges or competitions.
- Parent of the Year: No-one makes it to the top without the support of a good family behind them so this award is all about recognising the parents that do so much to help their children train and compete in swimming. Whether it’s getting up at 5 o’clock in the morning to take their child to training, or giving up weekend to attend competitions, we want to show our appreciation to all the mums and dads who give up so much for their children.
- Family Award: This award is for a family that loves to be involved in all aspects of swimming. It could be a family that has made small changes that will help them live healthier and longer lives. Perhaps they swim together in an effort to spend more time together as a family. They may have completed challenges together or excelled by achieving several ASA Awards.
- Senior Swimmer Award: The senior swimmer award is for those people that have accomplished a noticeable achievement. It may be dedication to swimming over a number of years, a high level of success later on in their career or they may have overcome other obstacles in their quest to achieve their swimming goals, great or small.
- Fundraising Award: The fundraiser of the year will be somebody actively helping to raise money in and around the swimming community for charities. This award recognises their efforts in assisting charities or organisations to raise funds or help with resources. Don’t forget to tell us how much they have raised.
- RLSS Life Saver of the Year: A person that might be an exceptionally gifted lifesaver, may have recently gained their life saving qualification or may have been actively involved in saving a life.
- Community Project Award: This award may go to an especially impressive swimming related project that brings the community together or to a community scheme that has developed over a number of years to become an important part of a society.
- Swim School Award: A swim school which provides an excellent service to all of its members and assists the development of its swimmers and staff. A school that is continually striving to achieve high standards.
- Top Teacher Award: A teacher that provides quality lessons week in week out. They would be motivated to improve their pupil’s standards by delivering quality swimming sessions. If the nominee holds a UKC.
Online Nomination Form
This is currenlty closed. If you have any questions about the 2014 event click here to email the Swimtastic Team.