Baby Swimming Lesson Provider Guidelines
Specialist baby and toddler swimming lesson providers now have access to comprehensive guidelines in the new code of practice.
The ASA with leading baby and toddler swim school Water Babies and leading manufacturer of baby swimming products Splash About Ltd, are supporting the new code of practice for baby and toddler swimming teaching as recently published by The British Standards Institution.
This covers important quality aspects involved in the operation of baby and toddler swimming lessons, such as:
- The provision of appropriately qualified swimming teachers
- Safeguarding policy and procedures for ensuring child safety
- Cleanliness, health and hygiene including water quality and recommended temperatures
- Pool safety operating procedures and emergency action planning
- Appropriate infant swimming wear including recommendations on using leak-proof neoprene nappy covers
- Underwater photography practices including accredited qualifications for photographers and use of portable equipment in and around the poolside
The Baby and Toddler Swimming Teaching Safety Guidelines is a British Standards Institution code of practice officially referred to as PAS 520:2015 - click here to purchase it.