Swimming Pools - Planning and Design
The ASA Facilites Team provide advice on “fit for purpose” design. Enabling a wide range of facilites and maximising use.
The ASA Facilities Team has worked with FINA, Sport England, leading architectural firms and large management organisations both in local authority and commercial management to establish the very best design requirements for pools of various configurations to enable the widest possible use at the most economic cost.
A range of documents can be supplied by the facilities team addressing issues such as design requirements for 50-metre pools, 25-metre pools, diving pools and diving board dimensions, why raised ends etc. Or simply click the links below to access a copy of the relevant file.
ASA Pool Design Requirements
- 50m x 10 lane pool
- 50m x 8 lane pool
- 50m x 6 lane pool
- 25m x 8 lane pool
- 25m x 6 lane pool
- 25m x 4 lane pool
- Diving pool Specification
General Design Documents
- What is a swimming pool?
- Deck Level pools & Raised ends
- Deck Level swimming pools
- Reasons for pool water depths and traditional pool profiles
- Minimum Spectator Seating Requirements
- The Methodology of Pool Programming
- Guidance for the Provision of Poly Carbonate Housings
- Pool Housing companies
- Temporary Pool Suppliers
Facilities Architects List