The benefits of ASA Learn to Swim Accreditation
ASA Accreditation has been written as a blue print for good practice to help learn to swim providers to develop.
Whether sites just go through the process, or take the final step and achieve accreditation, it is hoped that learn to swim programme providers will learn, develop and improve their programmes.
Benefits to the Learn to Swim Provider
- Helps to ensure provider is working towards best practice and maintaining industry standards.
- Helps ensure there is an ongoing commitment to improving learn to swim provision.
- A nationally recognised approach for the effective delivery of learn to swim.
- An independent assessment of the site’s learn to swim provision.
Benefits to the Customer
- Knowledge the site has met good practice standards.
- A commitment to improve service provision.
- A clear focus on the customer and a process for how to support the customer.
Benefits for teachers and staff
- Commitment towards staff development.
- Good communication with staff to ensure they are involved in programme delivery.
Once a site is accredited they will also receive:
- External validation for running a quality learn to swim/school swimming programme in line with ASA good practice.
- An official ASA Accredited Provider certificate which will be valid for two years.
- Access to ASA Learn to Swim Accreditation Logos for promotional purposes.
- ASA Accredited window stickers to display at the entrance to accredited centre.
- ASA Accredited Provider poster.
- Listing on the ASA website.
To find out which providers already have ASA Accreditation click here.