British Swimming Heroes to inspire children across the country
The British Swimming Heroes Tour, presented by British Gas, will inspire thousands of children to take part in all the aquatic disciplines as part of British Swimming’s ambition to get more children in the pool as a legacy of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Olympic silver medallist Michael Jamieson will visit five locations across the UK and will be joined by a host of other aquatic heroes along the way including Rebecca Adlington, Hannah Miley and Keri-Anne Payne.
The children at each city will also get to meet the stars of synchronised swimming, diving, and water polo, who will provide master classes in each aquatic sport. Members of the disability swimming squad will join the tour forthe final two dates.
British Swimming Tour Dates
- 17 August – London, Gurnell Pool in Ealing
- 17 August – London, The Park pool
- 18 August – Liverpool, Aquatics Centre
- 22 August – Glasgow, Scotstoun Pool
- 13 September – Swansea, Wales National Pool
- 17 September – Coventry, Aquatics Centre