New Adult and Child Qualification from the ASA
26 July 2013
The ASA has created a national recognised, formal qualification in baby swimming.
The new ASA Level 2 Award in Coaching Aquatic Pre Fundamentals replaces the previous Adult and Child CPD (Continued Professional Development) following a review of content and delivery.
This new Level 2 course is supported by Skills Active and recognised as a high quality and specialised qualification. that provides teachers with the specialist knowledge required to deliver parent and baby lessons in a Learn to Swim environment.
Level 2 swimming teachers are now eligible to undertake this programme, and learners will now complete a formal assessment to raise the quality of delivery and ensure the safe and effective practice of parent and baby swimming lessons.
Learners will complete the qualification using an innovative, industry leading ePortfolio system – Pebblepad to supplement their learning through modern resources and materials, before completing their learning through attendance on face to face training at an ASA approved training centre.
ASA Level 2 Award in Coaching Aquatics Pre Fundamentals covers three units of knowledge with a focus on early years child development and planning effective and inspirational lessons to parents and babies.
During the course learners will:
• Develop confidence, communication and inter personal skills
• Identify the principles of pre fundamentals swimming lessons
• Further develop an awareness of their professional role and responsibilities
• Adopt an integrated approach to the theory and practice of adult and child swimming lessons
• Reflect on their own skills and experienceand identify areas for development
Download the full course information here