Nominations welcome for ASA Coaching Awards
Nominations are now open for the ASA Coaching Awards 2010. The Awards will celebrate achievements in aquatics coaching and recognise the hard work and dedication of members of the workforce.
If you know someone who deserves recognition for their outstanding work in aquatics then why not nominate them for an ASA Coaching Award?
These awards recognise the outstanding contribution of coaches in the following nine categories:
- FUNdamentals Coach of the Year: coaching of children in the development of basic skills within the FUNdamental, learning to play and practice phases of development
- Health & Lifelong Participation Coach of the Year: working to get more people starting, staying and/or succeeding in aquatics through high-quality coaching
- Skill-Development Coach of the Year: working to develop emerging and young performers from within swimming
- High-Performance Coach of the Year: working with athletes at the highest level of performance in their sport
- Young Coach of the Year: for up-and-coming coaches aged 25 years or under
- The Coaching Chain: The Appreciation of Coaching Award: for a group of coaches involved throughout an athlete’s development from first involvement to the highest level
- Lifetime Achievement Award: recognition of a lifetime dedicated to coaching, sport and/or the development of athletes
- Coach Educator of the Year: development of coaching and individual coaches through delivery of effective education & development programmes
- Coaching Environment of the Year: for an organisation that has created a quality environment for the support and development of coaches
There will be one winner for each of these categories per region. Winners will be announced at the relevant regional Twilight Awards Ceremony – click here for more information of the schedule of conferences recently announced.
Regional winners will then go forward to a national award for each category. National awards will be presented at a prestigious awards ceremony, details to be announced.
Click here to dowload the nomination form.