Calling all volunteers! - Last chance to nominate for the 2012 Aquaforce Awards
31st May 2012
The ASA welcomes nominations for the 2012 Aquaforce Volunteer Awards!
In this unforgettable sporting year, June brings us the launch of the Aquaforce Awards and this year we are hoping to see the highest number of nominations to date.
The Aquaforce Awards offer the perfect opportunity to thank those individuals who dedicate hours, days and weeks to our sport at all levels.
If you know someone who gives up their time regularly to make a vital contribution, then why not nominate them for an Award?
Awards are given in five categories
- Outstanding contribution at club level
- Outstanding contribution at county / regional level
- Long service award (25 years or more)
- Young volunteer – Under 18 years
- Outstanding contribution by an 18 to 25 year old
Criteria for winners
All nominations should come from clubs, leisure providers or swim schools that are affiliated to the ASA.
All nominated coaches, teachers or officials should have appropriate qualifications. Nominations from swim21 clubs are preferable but not essential.
All categories should be considered against the following areas:
- What impact has the volunteers actions had on others?
- What have they done that is beyond what is expected of them?
- Have they inspired and supported others around them to fulfil their roles?
Nominations will be accepted between now and the 30th June. All forms should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or returned to ASA Volunteering, SportPark, 3 Oakwood Drive, Loughborough, LE11 3QF.
All regional winners will be invited to attend the ASA Council Dinner in October.
Why not make a volunteers’ year that extra bit special and nominate them today?