Volunteers needed for Swim Safe 2014
20 May 2014
The ASA and the RNLI are working together on a beach safety project called Swim Safe and are looking for volunteers for the 2014 programme.
The 2013 pilot took place in Bude and was a fantastic success with more than 2300 children taking part in the programme.
In 2014 the programme will be expanding to three locations across the country between Monday 28 July and Tuesday 26 August 2014. Click the locations below to download information packs and application forms for each.
- Bude Sea Pool, Bude, Cornwall
- Boscombe Beach, Bournemouth
- Sandhaven Beach, South Shields, Tyne and Wear
The programme offers free improver swimming lessons and beach safety advice for children aged seven to 14.
Most young people learn to swim in an indoor pool which is a safe and familiar environment. Swim Safe gives young people the opportunity to test and improve their swimming ability in a different aquatic environment.
Children are being offered the opportunity to attend the free 40-minute session which will include beach safety advice provided by RNLI lifeguards and up to 30 minutes in-water tuition with ASA accredited teachers. The programme is weather dependant and sessions will be adjusted accordingly.
What Volunteer Roles Are Available?
- Booking and Customer Relations
- Participant Coordinator
- Promotional Staff
Swimming teachers needed at Boscombe Beach, Bournemouth
- Click here to download the application form to be a swimming teacher at the Swim Safe programme taking place at Boscombe Beach, Bournemouth.
Training and Support
- Reasonable travel expenses will be considered and accommodation is available if required on a first come first served basis.
- If required, training to fulfil your volunteer role will be provided.
- A DBS check may also be carried out if required for the role.
If you are interested in any of these volunteer positions, please complete the application form and submit to email@example.com no later than Monday 16th June 2014.
If you have any questions about the roles or being involved in this opportunity then please contact Helen Kellett on 07826 526470.