The latest Para-Swimming records and how to claim one
If you want to find out the England or Britain’s fastest swimmers, or if you are seeking the forms to apply for a new record yourself, then click the relevant button below.
Access the documents below to look up both English and British disability swimming records. Simply click on the relevant links below (documents in PDFs).
- English/British Para-Swimming Female Long Course Records
- English/British Para-Swimming Male Long Course Records
- English/British Para-Swimming Female Short Course Records
- English/British Para-Swimming Male Short Course Record
Claiming A British Para-Swimming Record
In order to claim a British Para-Swimming record you must meet the following criteria:
- Swimmers must be British and a registered member with a club affiliated to the ASA/WASA/SASA.
- Swimmers must have a current Functional Ability Card (FAC).
- Swimmers must submit their FAC to the race referee prior to the start of the race with the exception of the competitions listed below for automatic approval.
- All records achieved at the British Championships (Long Course or Short Course), ASA National or National Youth Championships, British International Disability Swimming Championships, DSE SC Championships, DSE Junior Championships, Welsh Disability LC Championships and UK School Games shall be automatically approved.
- Records shall be recognised for men and women in Long Course and Short Course events.
- Records will be accepted when times are reported by Automatic Officiating Equipment, or Semi-Automatic Officiating equipment in the event of Automatic Officiating Equipment malfunction, or by digital watches in the event of Semi-Automatic Officiating Equipment malfunction.
- A pool measurement certificate must be attached if not previously lodged with the ASA.
- Rules applicable to the swimmers classification shall apply in relation to the ratification of British Records.
Swimmers may apply for Long Course and Short Course records achieved at a Licensed competition or at a competition approved by IPC Swimming.
- If you would like to apply for a record then click here to download an application form for a British Swimming record
Claiming World And Regional Records
To access documents to apply for world and regional records follow the links below. For more information on the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) click here to visit its website.