National Young Coaches Academy
Are you a young coach actively involved in aquatics? If so, you are encouraged to apply to be part of the Youth Sport Trust’s National Young Coaches Academy (NYCA) 12-month development programme.
Apply to become one of the 20 young coaches to attend the Academy alongside 180 young coaches from across 10 different sports, where you will be provided with the opportunity to focus on yourself as a coach, consider what type of coach you want to be and understand how to create a coaching environment in which your participants feel valued and included.
Be inspired, motivated and challenged by top-level deliverers and coach to really understand what it will take for you to develop and achieve your personal best. Click here to access the Academy programme.
The Academy programme will commence in December 2013 and young coaches will be supported through to December 2014 with the following development opportunities:
- Attendance at the Youth Sport Trust National Young Coaches Academy from the 20th – 22nd December 2013 at Loughborough University
- Mentor support
- Access to the Young Coaching Network
- Coach Development Session at the British Champs 2014
- Network/observational opportunities – Performance clubs
- 2 x Further NYCA Development Days (Dates and Locations TBC)
If you are successful we will ask you to nominate a mentor to support you through the programme.
Mentors will receive guidance to support you through the programme and together you will create a personal development plan to measure and monitor your success.
- Aged between 16 and 19 for the duration of the NYCA camp
- Must be in full time education
- Hold a UKCC Level 1 or 2 qualification (Please note – no preference will be given to those holding a UKCC Level 2 qualification. All applications will be considered against programme content and selection criteria)
- Be a member of an ASA Club working towards or accredited with swim21
- Experience of actively coaching within a club environment
- Have good communication and organisational skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to aspire young people
- Compassionate and open
- Motivated to pass on their knowledge to others
- Committed to personal development and continued learning
- Evidence of support from Head Coach and mentoring support
- Available to attend the Coaching Academy from the 20th – 22nd December held at Loughborough University
- Candidates must demonstrate they are committed to the programme until December 2014
Applications are now open and the ASA welcomes all eligible young coaches to apply.
Applications can be e-mailed to email@example.com or posted to the Volunteering Department, ASA SportPark, Pavilion 3, 3 Oakwood Drive, Loughborough, LE11 3QF.Closing Date for Applications: 9AM on Monday 14th October 2013.
Please note; applications will be assessed against the selection criteria and successful coaches will be contacted w/c Monday 21st October 2013.
Applicants will be selected based on the information contained within the application form; we therefore encourage you to provide us with as much detail as possible, the more detail contained within your application the better your chance of selection.
For any queries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01509 640457.