Teachers and Coaches Licensing
The long term aim of the ASA and the Institute of Swimming is to encourage teachers and coaches to take advantage of the licensing scheme so that we have a predominantly licensed profession, and encourage employers to use the licensing scheme as part of their recruitment process.
Benefits of being licensed
- Shows employers that you are ASA qualified
- It provides a framework for continuous improvement and professional development
- Automatically reflects your qualification level and the discipline you are working in and is open to both paid and unpaid instructors.
- You are signed up to a Code of Ethics
- You are updating your skills with teaching and personal development (CPD) courses.
- Your employer will know that they can trust you because of this commitment.
- When job searching it will give you the edge over other candidates - by having a teaching and coaching licence your employer can be confident of your competence and the fact you are continuing your professional development
- A licence card in recognition of your qualifications and commitment to personal development.
- Associate yourself and your employer with being at the cutting edge of swimming teaching and coaching
- You can be included on the Directory of Aquatic Professionals, which employers use to search for fully qualified and vetted staff.
Become licensed now!
For new licence applications and renewal of licenses click here
For details of seminars you may need to attend to become licensed click here
If you have any queries please email email@example.com