ASA tutor licensing and renewals
It is a mandatory requirment that all ASA Tutors become licensed, as it demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement and professional development.
There are a range of benefits with membership. To learn more about these go the teacher and coach licence page here.
If you are seeking to gain a licence, then following your tutor training programme you will be sent an initial application form to complete.
- To search for tutor courses in your area go to the IoS Online training website
- If you have any queries or questions send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Licensing team endeavours to process your licence application within 2 weeks of receipt
How to renew your ASA tutor licence
To renew your ASA licence we require the following criteria.
- Hold an ASA Tutor qualification
- Original DBS confirmation (within 3 years undertaken through the ASA) – submitted every 3rd year
- Evidence of having attended an accredited child protection workshop within the last 3 years (original attendance certificate must be enclosed)– submitted every 3rd year
- Certificate of public liability insurance – only if not an IOS member- to be submitted every year
- Evidence of tutoring an ASA Teaching/Coaching course within the last year at the highest level you are qualified at in each discipline
- Attendance at a minimum of one ASA training session. (If directed to a further session by the Quality Assurance team this must also be attended.)
- Licence fee (please click here to see relevant fee)- every year
- Adherence to the ASA Code of Ethics/Conduct and acceptance of ASA jurisdiction on any breach of the Code
- Completed and signed Data Protection information
- Evidence documenting the requirements of your electives- every year
Please note criteria 2 and 3 are only required on the third application
Forms needed to renew your licence- (up to 31st March 2014)
- Licence Renewal Application Form
- Tutor Licence Electives 1 Year
- Evidence of Teaching or Coaching
- Tutor Licence Booklet
- ASA Tutor Licensing Fees up to 31st March 2014
The new licence scheme
By introducing a new licensing scheme for the various roles we can ensure that all the ASA licensed workforce meet the needs of child protection and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), formally Criminal Records Bureau (CRB).
This ensures that all our licensed workforce provide a quality service. The below roles will need to be licensed to perfom the following roles:
- Tutor - Tutor Licence Application Form
- Tutor/Assessor - Tutor/Assessor Application Form
- Assessor - Assessor Licence Application Form
- Overseas Tutor - Overseas Licence Application Form
- Trainee Tutor - Trainee Tutor Licence Application Form
- CPD Presenter - CPD Presenter Licence Application Form
- Licensing Booklet
The Licensing team endeavours to process your licence application within 2 weeks of receipt of the correct paperwork