ASA Aquatic Helper Certificate
Welcome to the ASA Aquatic Helper certificate page.
Here you will find a range of resources to help you run the award.
This seminar has been designed for young people, between 13 and 16 years of age, who wish to actively assist on poolside in any aquatic environment, e.g. clubs, learn to swim schemes or leisure motivators (swimfit).
From attending this seminar you should be able to:
Demonstrate to the coach you are able to assist and demonstrate how to appropriately use equipment required. This is inclusive of:
- Set up
- Safe use
- Put away and storage arrangements
- Personal equipment appropriate to the discipline
- General equipment appropriate to the discipline
Demonstrate to the coach you are able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the importance of Health & Safety in the aquatic environment. This is inclusive of:
- Identification of Risk
- The role of the lifeguard
- Safe methods of entry and exit into the water
Demonstrate to the coach you are able to share your knowledge, demonstrate good behaviour and establish expectations of the group. This is inclusive of:
- Setting the rules of the session
- Understand the principles behind LTAD
- Expected behaviour of the participants
- Expected behaviour of Helpers
- Standard of dress expected of Helpers
|Click here to access the Learner Guide for the Aquatic Helper Certificate|
|Click here for Organiser Information|
|Click here to access the area for Aquatic Helper Presenter Information|