ASA Club Captain resource
Becoming a Club Captain is an honour for any club member, but it can be a daunting task!
The ASA Club Captain is a 90 minute interactive resource which aims to equip you with necessary support and guidance to become successful within your volunteering role, and to make your time in posts as rewarding as possible for both you and your club.
The online learning resource has been developed for recently appointed Club Captains or young people who wish to take on this responsibility in the near future and want to know more about what the role entails. The Club Captain is also ideal for young volunteers who would like to develop their leadership skills - You do not have to be a Club Captain in order to use this resource.
The resource will:
- Prepare you for what is expected of a Club Captain
- Allow you to gain a clear understanding of the duties and responsibilities of a good Club Captain/young leader
- Stimulate ideas and thoughts to get you started in your post
- Help you create your own Personal Development Plan to ensure you get as much as possible out of your role
- Help you to create your own 12 month Project Plan to ensure you can put your skills and ideas into action!
Sounds good, how to I access this resource?
The Club Captain resource is available via the IOS online free of charge to all volunteers registered with an IOS account.
If you do not currently hold an account, don’t worry. It only takes a few moments to sign up and is free to do so! Click here for more information.
If you have any further questions about the Club Captain resource please contact firstname.lastname@example.org