About the ASA Tutor Training Programme 2016 / 2017
The ASA Tutor Training Programme 2016 / 2017 consists of a Fast Track Programme and an Extended Programme.
The Fast Track Programme is for trainees who have previous delivery experience and good aquatic knowledge and expertise. These trainees will follow a more intense training programme which will take between six and nine months to complete.
The Extended Programme supports and develops trainees who are identified as having all the skills, qualities and attributes to be excellent tutors or assessors, but who need more time to develop and train. This programme is expected to take about 12 months to complete.
- Click here to view the Fast Track and Extended Programme timelines and training activity dates.
- Click here to view the tutor training process in a flowchart
Both programmes are designed to ensure trainees get a combination of experiences, ranging from observing current ASA course delivery through to hands on assessment opportunities with learners on live courses.
Trainees are required to attend and complete all elements of the programme relevant to them and therefore need to make sure they have the capacity to do so.
- Click here to view the learning agreement
ASA Tutor Training Programme 2016 / 2017 Recruitment
All applicants for the the ASA Tutor Training Programme 2016 / 2017 will go through the following recruitment process:
- The completion of the online application form
- A face-to-face panel interview (which requires all applicants to deliver a snapshot of a pre-determined teaching and learning session) – if shortlisted from application stage
- The take up of two satisfactory references – if successful at interview
Click here to view the key dates in the recruitment and selection process for the ASA Tutor Training Programme 2016 / 2017.