ASA Educator Development is an important part of Workforce Support Services, and we have varied training opportunities and a mentoring programme to achieve it.
Menu of Training Opportunities
The menu is a calendar of training events taking place during the year. A variety of opportunities have been organised in various locations, with a mixture of face to face and WebEx sessions.
If you would like to book a place onto one of the training sessions listed in the Menu, download and complete the relevant booking form below.
ASA Educator Mentoring Programme
Workforce Support Services is continually promoting the idea of sharing good practice. Mentoring between peer educators is one tool we can use to help us achieve successful ASA Educator development.
We are currently looking for mentors to help support and encourage like-minded peer educators. If you think you have the time, the positivity and supportive nature to take on the role as a mentor then we want to hear from you. Email us here about becoming a mentor.
To become a mentor as part of the ASA Workforce Support Services Educator Mentoring Programme you will need to attend the Workforce Support Services mentoring training and orientation. Various dates for this training will be outlined in the 2016 Menu of Training Opportunities.
The training covers:
- What is mentoring?
- Skills, knowledge and attributes associated with being an effective mentor
- Ways of supporting mentees including tools and templates
- Personal development planning
- Opportunities and resources
Gaining Support of a Mentor
In order to gain support from a mentor you must be in a position to:
- Be supported by a peer educator
- Be self-reflective
- Receive developmental advice and guidance
- Take responsibility for your own personal development plan
- Think positively to ultimately enhance your own delivery
- Share ideas and good practice with your mentor