Whether shaping up your body, maintaining your health or pushing your fitness to its limits, Aqua Fitness has something to offer eveyone. Play the video above to see what we mean.
Taking part in water aerobics, using weights in the pool and activities such as water cycling - that's right, bikes in the water - is not only great fun but comes with a heap of benefits over doing the same exercise out of the pool:
- Water supports the body, putting less stress on your joints and muscles, so it is great if you are older, have suffered an injury or are recovering from an illness.
- Water pressure helps the heart move blood around the body so less strain for your gain.
- The impact of gravity is less in the water allowing a greater range of motion for aerobics.
- Working out in water can also prevent overheating, helping you exercise longer.
- And...it's fun. It is not often you can say that about a workout.
Do I need any equipment?
This depends on the exercise you want to undertake. But rather than give you a list we'll let swimming world record holder Liam Tancock tell you about some of the kit you may need.
Sounds the one for me. What next?
Well, firstly click on Get Involved below and become part of the celebration. Then click on Poolfinder to hunt down your nearest pool - all you need is your postcode - ask them about Aqua Fitness classes and tell us how you got on.
Wave goodbye to treadmill muscle soreness and aching joints. Take up Aqua…
British Gas Swimfit Fitness
Take your body out of its comfort zone and discover new peaks…
British Gas Swimfit Health
Reduce your tension, improve your mood, or simply maintain your health. Confident…
British Gas Swimfit Shape Up and Tone
Drop a dress size or lose that pot belly without the pain…
British Gas Swimfit Competitive
Train to go the distance, only faster than the other competitors. Confident…
There are loads of good reasons to make a splash
Activity suggestions, exclusive content, great monthly competition, and a Big Splash code to access VIP goodies…