Maximise the benefits of running without all the bone and muscle stress. With Aqua Jogging you can really enjoy the gain without going through all the pain.
Pounding the pavement or treadmill to keep in shape can be a pain, literally! Muscle soreness, stress fractures and aching joints, many of us have been there. Well, it doesn't have to be that way. Aqua Jog instead.
As well as being ankle friendly, Aqua Jogging offers you a better workout with less effort. Why? It is simple:
- Water is about 800 times denser than air, so you can work harder, and burn more calories. But...
- ...the pressure of the water helps your heart out so you get the same intensity of exercise at a lower heart rate.
- In short, better results for less work. How good is that?
Do I need any equipment?
For proper Aqua Jogging you need two main pieces of equipment, other than the pool itself. These are:
- Water shoes. These are key to getting the most out of your workout. Bare feet can work but won't give you the necessary resistance and motion.
- Floatation belt. If you are deep water Aqua Jogging then you will need a flotation belt (click on picture to visit the Speedo shop for more information). This will keep your torso partially above the water while you run.
Sounds the one for me. What next?
Well, firstly click on Get Involved below and become part of the celebration. Then click on Poolfinder to hunt down your nearest pool - all you need is your postcode - ask them about Aqua Jogging classes.
There are loads of good reasons to make a splash
Activity suggestions, exclusive content, great monthly competition, and a Big Splash code to access VIP goodies…