Everyone's doing it, even comedy legend David Walliams. He is taking on the Thames. But you don't have to brave the elements to take on your local river. All you need is MySwimfit and a local pool.
With Swimfit Challenges you can tackle not just the Thames but a range of UK rivers such as the Mersey, Trent or Severn with distances from 65 to 220 miles.
Tell me more
- Log your swims to keep track of distance, times swam, percentage complete and time in pool.
- You are in control. Swim the river in a single session or take your time. It is up to you.
- Track your progress on Google Maps. See how far you have gone.
- Build up a history of rivers. All your challenges are there.
- Use the Swimfit Calorie Cruncher to see how many calories you have burned each swim.
Sounds the one for me, what's next?
Great, if you haven't signed up for the Big Splash yet click on Get Involved now. If you already have then click on the button right to visit Swimfit for more information and to get started (new window will open).
British Gas Swimfit Beginner Challenges
Take on Loch Ness or a British Gas Great Swim, track yourself…
British Gas Swimfit Activate
Rediscover your confidence in the pool from 4 lengths a visit with…
British Gas Swimfit Shape Up and Tone
Drop a dress size or lose that pot belly without the pain…
British Gas Swimfit Health
Reduce your tension, improve your mood, or simply maintain your health. Confident…
British Gas Swimfit Fitness
Take your body out of its comfort zone and discover new peaks…
Train For Open Water Swimming
Fancy taking on your first Open Water swim? Then we can help…
There are loads of good reasons to make a splash
Activity suggestions, exclusive content, great monthly competition, and a Big Splash code to access VIP goodies…