It’s not too late to do your bit for Sport Relief
26 March 2012
Over a million people took to the streets on Sunday 25 March to run a mile for Sport Relief, but it’s not too late to do your bit, as in just a month’s time you can take part in the first ever swimming mile for Sport Relief too!
Raising money for Sport Relief
Simply sign up to take part in the Big Splash Mile for Sport Relief, taking place at 650 pools across the country from 27 to 29 April as part of the Swimathon Weekend. It’s your chance to do something amazing by raising funds for projects across the world’s poorest countries. The money you raise could provide swimming lessons to children in Bangladesh where 50 children die every day during the monsoon season. Watch Gary Lineker as he visits Bangladesh and speaks to a grief-stricken mother whose child had died due to not being able to swim.
Not sure you can swim the entire 64 lengths (25m pool)?
Never fear as you can take to the water with family and friends in a team of up to five people to complete the mile challenge. Plus, there’s a 4 week Swimfit training plan to make you mile ready in no time.
Take on a fantastic challenge for 2012 and, like Frank Skinner who recently completed his Sport Relief swimming challenge, you too will feel an amazing sense of achievement as you complete your final length.
Why you should take part in the Big Splash Mile for Sport Relief
- It is great fun and a chance to get in the pool with friends and family!
- You will get fit from training, helping you to shape up and tone and even loose a few pounds too.
- You can help to raise money for people living incredibly tough lives both in the UK and across the world’s poorest countries.
- You will be joining thousands of swimmers across the UK who will be taking part in the first ever swimming mile for Sport Relief.
- It’s always great to have a challenge to work towards so make this your challenge for 2012.
- The sense of achievement you will feel as you swim your final length, nothing beats it!
- 2012 is the year of swimming with 38 British Swimming athletes having already secured their place on TeamGB, so be a part of the action and join the nation in the pool!
Take on the Big Splash Mile for Sport Relief and sign up today!
I found this article useful