The Big Splash is the world's biggest celebration of swimming and we've joined forces with the BBC to help spread the word. Fancy helping us make a splash? Then read on.
The aims of the Big Splash are simple – to encourage new people into the pool and help those who already swim to swim more often.
You can help us to make the Big Splash a great success by helping to convert all those people who are inspired to get swimming to have a great experience in your pool!
Want to become a Big Splash pool?
Please contact your local ASA Aquatic Officer or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be happy to tell you more about the Big Splash and how you can get involved.
And once I've signed up?
Firstly, give yourself a slap on the back for making the right decision and signing up!
Now, sit back and read on about the best ways to reap the benefits of being a Big Splash pool:
- Nominate an individual per site to coordinate all your Big Splash activities.
- Promote your existing pool programmes as part of the Big Splash campaign using Big Splash branded posters/notices/leaflets in your centre. You can download the Big Splash logo and branded templates.
Hold Big Splash sessions to attract new swimmers to your centre. For example:
- Big Splash Open days to showcase your centre
- Adult learn and refresher sessions
- Stroke improvement sessions
- Big Splash training sessions as part of your standard lane swim time
Promote the Big Splash prominently in your centre using the materials we’ll provide:
- External banner
- Internal pull-up banner for you reception area
- Posters for use around your centre
- Desk top tent card for your reception desk
- Flyers for your leaflet area
- Button and PDF for your website
- Promote the Big Splash and your events to your local media. You can download a press release to help you to do this.
- Tell us how you’re celebrating the Big Splash. If you are running an event at your pool or have a story that you think would be good content for the Big Splash website, the Big Splash newsletter, or the BBC please e-mail email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you.
Head to Resources now for all the downloadable Big Splash content you will need.