British Swimming Heroes Tour inspires children across the country
The British Swimming Heroes Tour, presented by British Gas, inspired thousands of children to take part in all the aquatic disciplines as part of British Swimming’s ambition to get more children in the pool as a legacy of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Olympic silver medallist Michael Jamieson visited all five locations across the UK and was joined by a host of other aquatic heroes along the way including Rebecca Adlington, Hannah Miley and Keri-Anne Payne.
The children at each city met the stars of synchronised swimming, diving, and water polo, who provided masterclasses in each aquatic sport. Members of the disability swimming squad also joined the tour for the final two dates.
British Swimming Tour Dates
- 17 August – London, Gurnell Pool in Ealing
- 17 August – London, The Park pool
- 18 August – Liverpool, Aquatics Centre
- 22 August – Glasgow, Scotstoun Pool
- 13 September – Swansea, Wales National Pool
- 17 September – Coventry, Aquatics Centre