British Gas Swimming Championships 2012
Welcome to the British Gas Swimming Championships 2012 subsection. Here you can look back at the 2012 event and watch highlights from the action in London.
The 2012 British Gas Swimming Championships were the biggest 'Trials' in history with places at the London 2012 Olympic Games at stake.
The 2012 Champs were the first swimming competition to be held at the new London Aquatics Centre and they didn't disappoint with records smashed across the eight days of thrilling racing.
Some of the British Gas GBR Swimming team's stars were in top form with Rebecca Adlington claiming double gold over 400m and 800m Freestyle and the likes of Ellen Gandy, Hannah Miley and Fran Halsall also scooping two golds.
The multi-classification disability races were as fiercely contested as usual with Ellie Simmonds making history as the first person to break a world record in the Aquatics Centre with gold over 200m Individual Medley.
Re-live all the action using links below:
- Day One AB - Pavoni shines on opening day in London
- Day Two AB - Adlington shines as six more qualify for Olympics
- Day Three AB - Tancock and Spofforth claim backstroke titles
- Day Four AB - Miley captures sixth straight 200m Medley title
- Day Five AB - Golden Gandy seals British double
- Day Six AB - Roebuck bags second gold in memorable week
- Day Seven AB - Classy Adlington excels in London final
- Day Eight AB - Fogg closes Champs with rousing English record
- Day One MC - Simmonds on song with MC 400m Freestyle gold
- Day Two MC - Russell clocks European record on day two
- Day Three MC - Watkin wins first gold in London
- Day Four MC - Frederiksen crowned MC 100m Free champion
- Day Five MC - Rodgers lowers European record in London
- Day Six MC - Simmonds breaks first world record in London
- Day Seven MC - Kindred captures golden hat-trick
Watch video highlights and athlete interviews from the competition by clicking here.
For a comprehensive review of all the results from the 2012 British Gas Swimming Championships, click here.