British Gas Swimming Championships 2013
Welcome to the British Gas Swimming Championships 2013 subsection. Here you can look back at the 2013 event and watch highlights from the action in Sheffield.
The beginning of a new Olympiad ushered in an exciting change to the selection trials process with the 2013 British Gas Swimming Championships taking place in June, less than a month out from the World Championships in Barcelona.
Rather than the two-stage selection process of an initial trials in March or April then a second chance in June, the 2013 British Champs were the one and only event to qualify for the World Champs. No second chances. No compromise.
While a number of GB's big names had hung up their cap and goggles after London 2012, there was no shortage of thrilling racing on display with Jazz Carlin one of the stars of the show as she claimed a hat-trick of gold medals.
As usual, the multi-classification races provided plenty of entertainment as Great Britian's top Para-Swimmers put the finishing touches to their preparation for the 2013 Montreal IPC World Championships.
Re-live all the action using the links below:
- Day One AB - Brown beats British sprint record in Sheffield
- Day Two AB - Carlin smashes Welsh record to land first British title
- Day Three AB - Jamieson shows his class on day three in Sheffield
- Day Four AB - Pavoni smashes PB for Worlds QT
- Day Five AB - Carlin concludes meet with third gold
- Day One MC - Fox on form on opening day in Sheffield
- Day Two MC - World record for Craig on Day Two
- Day Three MC - Applegate lands medley gold with PB in Sheffield
- Day Four MC - Lough seals gold with British record
Watch video highlights and athlete interviews from the competition by clicking here.
For a comprehensive review of all the results from the 2013 British Gas Swimming Championships, click here.