Spotting future Paralympians with disability swimming talent identification
The ASA, Scottish Swimming, Swim Wales and British Swimming are continually on the lookout for new talented swimmers.
There are a number of initiatives and projects running to find and get more swimmers with a physical, sensory or intellectual impairment involved in disability swimming and on the pathway to the podium.
- For any general enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Talent ID Days
These are dedicated testing days where we seek to find the Paralympians of tomorrow. The next English Talent ID days are planned for November 2013. Applications for these have now closed.
However, bookmark this page, or sign up for a free MySwimming dashboard and you'll be one of the first to hear when we announce the next Talent day.
Remember, to be eligible the swimmer needs to be:
- able to swim at least 25 metres
- not previously classified
- keen to take part in competitive disability swimming
- be new to disability swimming - not been through a talent assessment session previously.
There are also a range of volunteer positions open in disability swimming including teachers/coaches, officials/referees, classifiers, event volunteers, tappers, team managers and general support staff.
- Click here to find out more about volunteering in disability swimming