Goodfellow’s golden glory
7th July 2013
Daniel Goodfellow signed off competition for the British Gas GBR Diving Team with a gold medal in the Group A Platform on the final day of the 2013 European Junior Diving Championships in Poland.
The 16-year old didn’t enjoy the strongest prelim and went into the final in fifth place. He began the final knowing that he needed to impress with his five dives.
Goodfellow started the final with style as he scored 79.50 for his first dive but it was his third dive that really established him as the champion.
For his Back 3 ½ Somersaults tucked he scored a 10 and a total of 90.75 before finshing the final with a total score of 551.10.
Lydia Rosenthall also secured her first medal of the competition with a silver in the Group B 3m Springboard.
The City of Leeds diver held her nerve throughout the final and scored a total of 367.70 to take her silver medal.
Lois Toulson finished in eighth place with a score of 340.50.
GBR Medals at the 2013 European Junior Diving Champs:
- Alicia Blagg (Group A 1m Springboard)
- Alicia Blagg (Group A 3m Springboard)
- Dan Goodfellow (Group A Platform)
- Matty Lee (Group B 3m Springboard)
- Jack Haslam & Freddie Woodward (3m Synchro)
- Lydia Rosenthall (Group B 3m Springboard)
- Matty Lee (Group B Platform)
- Matty Lee, Dan Goodfellow, Shanice Lobb and Alicia Blagg (Team)