British Swimming launch Event Volunteer Programme 2012/13
01 June 2012
Do you have an interest in volunteering at national events?
Do you want to develop skills in event management?
Do you have the drive and commitment to become part of the British Swimming Volunteer Event Management Team?
If you have answered yes to all of the above read on and apply to the 2012 intake of the Event Volunteer Programme.
The programme is aimed at developing volunteers for our volunteer Event Management Roles to ensure we have the highest quality of people delivering our increased number of events. We are looking for committed and driven individuals to take part in this 12 month programme. The selected individuals will take part in two training sessions and two event volunteer placements with a dedicated mentor throughout.
40 individuals will be selected to attend a Selection Day on the 22nd or 23rd September in Loughborough.
20 applicants will be selected and given the opportunity to develop their skills as an event volunteer through the support of British Swimming. Applicants will be selected based on their desire to learn and their passion for volunteering at events.
- Minimum age of 18 years old
- Friendly and polite
- Shows commitment to the programme
- Has a desire to learn and apply new technical skills
- Demonstrates an interest in the sport
- Has good communication and organisation skills
- Demonstrates the ability to problem solve
- Displays clear time management skills
- Is compassionate and open
- Shows a commitment to personal development and continued learning
- Is able to attend all designated programmes dates
- Has previous experience of volunteering at Aquatic Events
- Shows technical competencies in one of the key areas
The programme consists of the following dates and each selected individual will be required to attend all training sessions and two event placements:
- Selection Day – 22nd or 23rd September
- Induction Day – 20th October
- 1st Training Session – 19th November
- 1st Event Placement – one event between the 1st November and 1st May
- 2nd Training Session – May 2013 (Date TBC)
- 2nd Event Placement – one event between the 1st May and August
- Graduation Event – TBC
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com