Tickets on sale for Glasgow 2014
22 August 2013
The application process for Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games tickets opened on Monday and will be active for four weeks.
Glasgow 2014 will be Scotland’s largest ever sporting and cultural event, showcasing the Commonwealth’s finest athletes, with former swimming champions Rebecca Adlington and David Carry as well as Olympic silver medallist Michael Jamieson named as official Games Ambassadors.
Tickets are on sale now! Click here to apply.Jamieson, who is a native of Glasgow and won silver at the 2010 Games in Delhi.
"Swimming for me is all about competing and performing in big competitions," he said.
"And they don’t come much bigger than a Commonwealth Games in your home city and home pool.
"I can’t wait and I’m going for gold."
- There will be around one million tickets up for grabs.
- At least 70% of tickets will be available to the public for every session.
- Prices for all sports start at £15, with half price tickets for under-16s and over-60s.
- You have until 16 September to apply for tickets and it makes no difference whether you apply on the first day, the last day, or in between.
- Where the number of applications exceeds the number of tickets available, we’ll run a fair, simple draw. It’ll be completely impartial, selecting people from across all the applications received.
- There are no booking fees and the cost of your ticket will include free public transport in the local area on the day of your session.