Open Water team announced for European Champs
5 August 2014
A strong British Gas GBR Open Water Swimming Team has been selected to compete at the LEN European Championships.
The nine athletes will head to Berlin on Monday to take part in the competition, which runs from 13-17 August.
World Championship competitors Danielle Huskisson and Alice Dearing are among those competing in the women’s team.
Open Water Swimming lead Bernie Dietzig said: “The European Championships is our benchmark meet this year.
“It is traditionally a very competitive meet but we have been preparing well and are looking forward to competing with the best in Europe.”
The British Gas GBR Open Water Swimming Team selected for the LEN European Championships in Berlin (13-17 August):
- Tom Allen (Swansea) (10km)
- Jack Burnell (British Gas National Centre Loughborough) (10km)
- Lucinda Campbell (Windsor) (5km)
- Mark Deans (City of Glasgow) (5km)
- Alice Dearing (Royal Wolverhampton) (5km)
- Daniel Fogg (British Gas National Centre Loughborough) (5km)
- Caleb Hughes (Hatfield) (10km)
- Danielle Huskisson (University of Stirling) (10km)
- Lauren Walton (Beckenham SC) (10km)