British Para-Swimming International Meet 2014
Welcome to the British Para-Swimming International Meet 2014 landing page.
The International Meet - formerly known as the British International Disability Swimming Championships - is one of the largest open competitions for Para-Swimming in the world and attracted more than 300 international swimmers from 40 countries in 2013.
Entries for the British Para-Swimming International Meet are now open - click here to enter online. This season's event will take place at the newly-refurbished Tollcross International Swimming Centre in Glasgow from 18 - 21 April 2014.
British athletes will be aiming to secure qualification times for selection to the British Gas GBR Para-Swimming Team bound for the 2014 IPC European Championships in Eindhoven. Click here to view the selection policy and qualification times for the IPC Europeans.
Ticket information for BPSIM 2014 will be released soon.
Click on the day below to view which races will be taking place with heats in the morning session and finals in the evening. Please note the schedule is subject to change following confirmation of the 2014 IPC Swimming European Championships medal events list.
Day One - Friday 18 April
- Women's 100m Freestyle
- Men's 100m Freestyle
- Women's 100m Breaststroke
- Men's 100m Breaststroke
- Women's 50m Breaststroke
- Men's 50m Breaststroke
Day Two - Saturday 19 April
- Women's 50m Freestyle
- Men's 50m Freestyle
- Women's 200m Individual Medley
- Men's 200m Individual Medley
- Women's 150m Individual Medley
- Men's 150 Individual Medley
Day Three - Sunday 20 April
- Women's 100m Backstroke
- Men's 100m Backstroke
- Women's 100m Butterfly
- Men's 100m Butterfly
- Women's 50m Butterfly
- Men's 50m Butterfly
Day Four - Monday 21 April
- Women's 200m Freestyle
- Men's 200m Freestyle
- Women's 400m Freestyle
- Men's 400m Freestyle
- Women's 50m Backstroke
- Men's 50m Backstroke
If you're intrigued by disability swimming and fancy learning more about the sport, check out these useful links:
- Contact Information - head to the event calendar page on Swimming.org for forms and contact information if you have any queries or questions about the British International Para-Swimming Championships 2014.
- Go Swimming! - swimming is a fantastic activity for people with disabilities or special needs, whatever their age, and is the most popular participation sport for people with a disability. Find out more about lessons and pool facilities and read some good ideas for what to do if you're taking your disabled child to the pool.
- 'Charlotte's Web' and 'From Russell With Love' blogs - take a look at entertaining and insightful blogs from Paralympic medallists Charlotte Henshaw and Hannah Russell.