British Gas International Meet 2013
The inaugural British Gas International Swimming Meet 2013 took place from 7–10 March at John Charles Centre for Sport, Leeds. Read on to catch up with the action.
Reports from the event
- Day four - Carlin completes golden hat-trick
- Day four - Fourth gold for Applegate in Leeds
- Day three - Jamieson doubles up on day three
- Day three - Pepper completes golden hat-trick in Leeds
- Day two - Golden start for Jamieson in Leeds
- Day two - Craig claims 400m Freestyle gold
- Day one - National records for Carlin and O’Connor on day one
- Day one - British record for Applegate on opening day in Leeds
Live Video Streaming, Text Updates and Live Results
British Gas International Meet 2013 Day Four
- Twitter - if you Tweet you can follow the action on British Swimming's feed. Remember to use the hashtag #BGIM13.
- Schedule - look out for your favourite event on the schedule and discover who the top entrants are for each event.
- Ones To Watch - find out a bit more about some of the top swimmers who have signed up to compete at this showcase event.
- Development Trials - read about the selection policy for the top youngsters who will be aiming to secure international selection at the meet.
British Swimming is diving straight in to the new Olympiad with the creation of a brand new event to accompany a re-shuffle of the national calendar and trials system.
The British Gas Swimming Championships, doubling up this season as trials for the 2013 World Aquatics Championships, will be held in June and the International Meet in March will become a regular mid-season fixture in the annual calendar.
This season, the competition will be the domestic benchmark meet on the Development Programme and will be the trials for the European Junior Championships and the European Youth Olympic Festival in 2013.