The inaugural British Gas International Swimming Meet brings with it an exciting change to the selection of Great Britain’s junior teams.
The meet will stage junior finals for male competitors born 1995 or later and female competitors born 1997 or later.
This will allow swimmers a further chance to secure qualification times for this year's benchmark junior meets - the European Junior Championships in Poznan and the European Youth Olympic Festival in Utrecht.
European Junior Championships 2013
- Great Britain have a proud history of success at the European Junior Championships, having won 19 medals at each of the last two stagings.
- The 2013 event will take place from 10th - 14th July in Poznan, Poland.
- 20 places of a possible 24 on the British team will be filled by the two fastest swimmers in each individual event to have reached the qualifying standard.
- Boys must be born in 1995 or 1996, girls in 1997 or 1998 to be eligible for selection.
- Discretionary spots may be available - CLICK HERE to read the selection policy in full.
- Qualification standards are indicated in the selection policy and below:
|02:20.65||200m Individual Medley||02:06.46|
|04:56.45||400m Individual Medley||04:29.16|
- The 2013 European Youth Olympic Festival will take place from the 14th - 19th July in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Swimming will feature as one of nine sports open to boys born in 1997 or 1998 and girls born in 1999 or 2000.
- The first 12 places (six male and six female) will be filled by the fastest eligible swimmer at the Trials in the 200m Freestyle, 200m Backstroke, 200m Butterfly, 200m Breaststroke, 400m IM, 800m Freestyle (Female) and 1500m Freestyle (Male).
- Another four athletes may be selected at the discretion of the GB Development Coach / National Performance Director.
- CLICK HERE to read the selection policy in full.