General resources for Officials
Below you will find a range of resources for swimming officials, from general announcements to regular newsletters. To download them simply click on the link provided. And remember to bookmark the page as it will be changing regularly.
Following publication of the FINA Rules 2013-2017 the British Swimming Officials Group has updated the guidance for determination of Race Results. Click here to download the guidance document.
The changes to the guidance for determination of time where there is no time available (a Referee's Decision) will be implemented with effect from 1 May 2014. It is expected that all officials who undertake the role of Referee will make themselves familiar with the new process prior to this date by working through the 2014 Race Results Workbook which can be found here.
British Swimming Officials Group
4 April 2014
- FINA Statement regarding Rules SW7.6 and SW8.4 - January 2014 Click here to download
- FINA Swimming Rules Update - Oct 2013. Click here to download.
- FINA Interpretation of Breaststroke issued 14th March 2012. Click here to download.
- British Swimming Officials' swimwear announcement. Click here to download.
- ASA and British Swimming permitted swimwear in relation to FINA rules. Click here to download.
- Automatic Officiating Equipment User Information. Click here to download
- Compilation of Questions and Answers. Click here to download
- Click here to download the open water disqualification reporting form.
- ASA Swimming Competition calendar. Click here to download. This contains events planned for 2013-2016. Given the long-term nature of the calendar some of the event details are still to be confirmed (TBC) and so the document is open to regular revision.
- IPC Swimming Technical Officials' Operating Manual. Click here to download. This manual is to assist Technical Officials in regard to officiating when athletes with impairments are competing.