General resources for Officials
Below you will find a range of resources for swimming officials, from general announcements to regular newsletters. To download them simply click on the link provided. And remember to bookmark the page as it will be changing regularly.
The British Swimming Officials Group have been made aware of a document, purporting to be from FINA, which attempts to clarify the definition of “separated” hands at the touch in relation to Breaststroke (rule SW7.6) and Butterfly (rule SW8.4).
There was a meeting of the FINA Technical Swimming Committee in December 2013 where this matter was discussed. British Swimming have now received official notification of the statement of the FINA TSC as agreed at their meeting in Bangkok (THA) on 6 & 7 December 2013. Click here for the official statement of the FINA TSC.
British Swimming Officials Group
13 January 2014
- FINA Swimming Rules Update - Oct 2013. Click here to download.
- FINA Interpretation of Breaststroke issued 14th March 2012. Click here to download.
- British Swimming Officials' swimwear announcement. Click here to download.
- ASA and British Swimming permitted swimwear in relation to FINA rules. Click here to download.
- Automatic Officiating Equipment User Information. Click here to download
- Compilation of Questions and Answers. Click here to download
- Click here to download the open water disqualification reporting form.
- ASA Swimming Competition calendar. Click here to download. This contains events planned for 2013-2016. Given the long-term nature of the calendar some of the event details are still to be confirmed (TBC) and so the document is open to regular revision.
- IPC Swimming Technical Officials' Operating Manual. Click here to download. This manual is to assist Technical Officials in regard to officiating when athletes with impairments are competing.