Information on entering & running swimming competitions
In this section you will find a range of resources designed to aid you in either entering or running swimming competitions.
If you are seeking access to the online entry process then click here. From a range of data files, programs and services to use on your computer through to medical guidance and minimum ages for competing, this section contains all the information you need to run a swimming competition.
Simply choose from the options below to access a range of resources including technical information, qualifying times software, information on the general conditions under which competitions need to be held and a list of measured swimming pools across Great Britain.
The website has an all-encompassing events calendar. This covers competitions, courses, minutes and meetings and conferences.
All information (entry forms, schedule of events and final programme) for entering competitions is attached to the individual event calendar page.
Below you will find a range of links that will pre-filter the calendar for you to show only aquatics competitions.
Certain events are supported by an online entry process.
Online entries are processed on an external site. A list of supported competitions can be found on its home page here
Links to pre-filter events calendar
- Click here to open the calendar and access Swimming competitions.
- Click here to open the calendar and access Diving competitions
- Click here to open the calendar and access Synchro competitions
Para-Swimming & Disability
- Click here to open calendar and access Para-Swimming & Disability Swimming competitions
- Click here to open calendar and access Water Polo competitions
- Click here to open calendar and access Masters' competitions
- Click here to open calendar and access Open Water competitions
Entry fees for national events run by British Swimming and the ASA are now available for the 2014 and 2015 seasons.
- Click here for 2014 / 2015 Entry Fees for British Swimming events
- Click here for 2014 / 2015 Entry Fees for ASA events
All Disciplines Championship Conditions
The conditions under which competitions can be held are as follows:
- ASA championships and competitions shall be competed for under the laws, rules, regulations and championship conditions of the association.
- The promoter of each ASA championship or competition shall be the appropriate ASA Technical Committee.
- The individual event conditions may not include any conditions which affect the event conditions of another discipline.
In addition, you must ensure that all individual event conditions include the date by which members must have joined the club and under whose name they are competing.
Minimum Competition Ages
For each category the age specified is the age of the swimmer at midnight on the day of the event or the final day of a series of events forming part of one competition, whichever is later.
The age of a swimmer at midnight on 31 December in the year of competition is no longer used in the determination of a swimmer’s age with reference to the minimum ages of competition for any swimming competition.
Age limits for competition
- Download the ASA Handbook 2013 Law 410, Page 57
A List of Measured Swimming Pools
To ensure any competition you hold meets the correct standards it will need to take place in a measured pool. Read on for more details.
Swimming pools can differ in length, even when they are labelled as 25m or 50m. To hold an event you need to ensure the pool you are using measures up.
- Click here to download a list of all measured pools in England, Scotland and Wales.
Medical Declaration Forms
Medical declaration forms must be completed in order to compete in a range of situations.
Anyone representing Great Britain or their home country internationally, or competing in a British Swimming ASA, SASA or WASA national event - in all disciplines but excluding Masters - MUST complete a medication declaration form.
The form is available through your club from the registration/welfare officer or through the British Swimming website by clicking here.
It must be completed annually or whenever you, or your doctor, change your medication.
Medication in competing, whether prescribed by a doctor or purchased from a pharmacy or other retail outlet, includes:
- Supplements such as vitamins
- Creatine and Echinacea
- Anything you may apply to your skin or agents such as eye drops, ear drops, nasal sprays and inhalers.
It is vitally important you declare everything.
We have a range of technical information to assist you in running swimming competitions on the Swimming Results website.
Managing Open Water Competitions
Open water swimming events have been recorded with participants in excess of 10,000; this sort of event needs to be carefully planned and set up.
The document linked below includes all aspects to take in to consideration when organising an open water event.
The guidelines explain the roles required to run an event, preparation work involved, safety procedures, risk assessments and how to set your course.
It is designed to leave the organisers and officials feeling fully equipped and ready to launch their next event.
- Click here to download to read how to Manage an Open Water Swimming Event
Swimming Performance Tables
For data on comparative swimming performance and equivalent performance follow the links in the table below.
|Equivalent Performance Tables algorithm and Microsoft Dynamic Link Library||Click here to download|
|Explanatory Notes||Click here to download|
|Backstroke 50/55||Click here to download|
|Backstroke 100/110||Click here to download|
|Backstroke 200/220||Click here to download|
|Breaststroke 50/55||Click here to download|
|Breaststroke 100/110||Click here to download|
|Breaststroke 200/220||Click here to download|
|Butterfly 50/55||Click here to download|
|Butterfly 100/110||Click here to download|
|Butterfly 200/220||Click here to download|
|Freestyle 50/55||Click here to download|
|Freestyle 100/110||Click here to download|
|Freestyle 200/220||Click here to download|
|Freestyle 400/440||Click here to download|
|Freestyle 800/880||Click here to download|
|Freestyle 1500/1650||Click here to download|
|IM 200/220||Click here to download|
|IM 400/440||Click here to download|