Officials: Getting Involved
Welcome to the officials section for Water Polo. On this page you’ll find information on training and licensing of officials. For current officials, appointments, and rules use other pages in this section.
To better understand the route to becoming a water polo official click the arrow right to download our 'pathways' document.
One thing you will need to become a water polo official is relevant training. The following courses are currently scheduled (this list is updated regularly throughout the year):
|Sun 20 April||Regional Table Official - details here||SportPark, Loughboroughemail@example.com
Tel: 01509 640 722
|Sat/ Sun 31 May - 1 June||Grade D Referee||SportPark, Loughboroughfirstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 01509 640 722
|Sat/ Sun 28 - 29 June||Regional Table Official||QE School, Barnet, Hertsemail@example.com|
|Sat/ Sun 28 - 29 June||Referee Grade D||QE School, Barnet, Hertsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sun 29 June||Referee Grade C||QE School, Barnet, Hertsemail@example.com|
Applying for and renewing a Licence
After training you have the option to become a licensed Official. The Water Polo Official Licence demonstrates your competence as an official and it also helps the ASA to ensure the sport of Water Polo benefits from the highest possible standards.
Administered by the Institue of Swimming (IoS) the Official Licensing scheme helps demonstrate that officials have undertaken education or training to ensure they are up to date with their knowledge.
Click here for more information on the licensing scheme.
To apply for your first licence you will need a passport-sized photograph. the licence costs £10 and last for four years.
- Download the Water Polo Initial Licence Application Form
To renew a licence you will need to provide evidence as part of your submission, details are included within the Renewal Application form.
- Download the Water Polo Licence RENEWAL Application Form
I want to set up an officials training course
- Read about the ASA guidelines on organising an officials training course here
- Download an Application Form to get approval for organising a Water Polo officials training course here
- For a step by step guide on what to do to organise a Water Polo officials training course click here
- Data Protection: all newly qualified officials should be advised to complete and return this form