Water Polo National Calendar, Competitions, & Results
On this page you can download the full calendar of water polo fixtures and access results from a range of key competitions back to 2005. For national team results see Women’s and Men’s Squad sections.
National Water Polo Calendar
Click the arrow right to download the long-term spreadsheet of national and international water polo events and competitions from the Document Library. It covers ALL competitions.
Past events and results
Listed below are the key national events in the water polo calendar and results by year. Simply click on the relevant button to choose further information and links to results.
British Water Polo Championships
The British Water Polo Championships are the pinnacle of the national club calendar, consisting of a preliminary competition then a finals weekend for the top four men's and women's teams.
- The finals took place over the weekend of 22 - 23 February. Liverpool Lizards won their first title in the women's compeittion, defeating British Water Polo League Super 5s champions London Otter in the final. There was a new name on the men's trophy as well with Cheltenham defeating City of Manchester in a penalty shoot-out after a thrilling final.
- British Gas Water Polo Championships 2013 - Results: FINALS / PRELIMS
- British Gas Water Polo Championships 2012 - Results: FINALS / PRELIMS
- British Gas Water Polo Championships 2011 - Results: PRELIM / FINALS
- British Gas Water Polo Championships 2010 - Results: PRELIM / FINALS
- British Water Polo Championships 2009 - Results: FINALS
- British Water Polo Championships 2008 - Results: FINALS / PRELIMS
- British Water Polo Championships 2006 - Results: FINALS
ASA National Age Group Championships
The top age group clubs compete for national prizes in Academy (14 and under), Junior (16 and under) and Youth (18 and under) age groups.
A preliminary qualification event is also held depending on the number of entrants. In previous years there was also a senior championship but this has more recently given way to the British Water Polo Championships.
- The ASA National Age Group Water Polo Championships 2014 finals took place at Manchester Aquatics Centre on 26 and 27 April. Liverpool and Solihull won the junior girls and boys titles respectively, both beating opponents from the City of Manchester. The youth titles both went to London teams as Otter defeated Liverpool in the girls final and Croydon beat local rivals Invicta in the boys competition.
- The Academy competition will take place later in the year with the finals set to take place at Manchester Aquatics Centre from 25 - 26 October.
Results: YOUTH & JUNIOR
- ASA National Age Group Water Polo Championships 2013 - Results: YOUTH & JUNIOR / ACADEMY
- ASA National Age Group Water Polo Championships 2012 - Results: FINALS / ACADEMY BOYS / ACADEMY GIRLS
- ASA National Age Group Water Polo Championships 2011 - Results: FINALS / ACADEMY BOYS / ACADEMY GIRLS
- ASA National Age Group Water Polo Championships 2010 - Results: FINALS
- ASA National Water Polo Championships 2008 - Results: FINALS
- ASA National Water Polo Championships 2007 - Results: FINALS
- ASA National Water Polo Championships 2006 - Results: FINALS / MEN'S PRELIM / WOMEN'S PRELIM
- ASA National Water Polo Championships 2005 - Results: FINALS
- Click here to download the ASA Water Polo Youth Boys Champions list from 1972-2014.
- Click here to download the British gas ASA Age Group Water Polo Junior Boys Champions from 1947-2014.
- Click here to download the British Gas ASA Age Group Water Polo Junior Champions from 2004-2014.
British Water Polo League
The British Water Polo League is a series of national leagues for water polo clubs in England, Wales and Scotland.
The leagues take place over weekends throughout the Autumn and Winter and culminate in the Super Fives tournament.
- Head to the BWPL website for general information
- Results from the league can be found on their website here
The British Universities and Colleges Sport Championship
The British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) Water polo Championship final culminates a season stretching from October to March. Throughout the season, teams compete in a league programme, with each league made up of four teams. Institutions either play fixtures on separate dates or combine all fixtures into a round robin tournament on a single day. Each team’s position in the league pyramid determines whether they qualify for the Championship, Trophy or Shield knockout competitions. The Championship semi-finals take place over one weekend with the winners progressing to the Championship Finals weekend which also includes the Trophy and Shield Finals. Click here to visit the BUCS website and find out more.
The English Schools' Swimming Association has the latest news and results details plus upcoming championships for school events both national and international. Click here to visit the ESSA site.
UPolo was founded by three former university water polo players who recognised how frustrating it can be to make sure your team gets consistent, high quality match opportunities throughout the year.
UPolo aims to improve the standard of water polo in UK by giving university teams more opportunity to play at a competitive level. The league is divided on a regional basis, allowing for accessible matches and a full timetable of fixtures throughout the year.
Click here to find out more about UPolo.