Water Polo National Calendar, Competitions, & Results
On this page you can download the full calendar of water polo fixtures and access results from a range of key competitions back to 2005. For national team results see Women’s and Men’s Squad sections.
National Water Polo Calendar
Click the arrow right to download the long-term spreadsheet of national and international water polo events and competitions from the Document Library. It covers ALL competitions.
Past events and results
Listed below are the key national events in the water polo calendar and results by year. Simply click on the relevant button to choose further information and links to results.
British Gas Water Polo Championships
The British Gas Water Polo Championships are the pinnacle of the national club calendar, consisting of a preliminary competition then a finals weekend for the top four men's and women's teams.
This year: 2014
- The finals took place over the weekend of 22 - 23 February. Liverpool Lizards won their first title in the women's compeittion, defeating British Water Polo League Super 5s champions London Otter in the final. There was a new name on the men's trophy as well with Cheltenham defeating City of Manchester in a penalty shoot-out after a thrilling final.
- British Gas Water Polo Championships 2013 - Results: FINALS / PRELIMS
- British Gas Water Polo Championships 2012 - Results: FINALS / PRELIMS
- British Gas Water Polo Championships 2011 - Results: PRELIM / FINALS
- British Gas Water Polo Championships 2010 - Results: PRELIM / FINALS
- British Water Polo Championships 2009 - Results: FINALS
- British Water Polo Championships 2008 - Results: FINALS / PRELIMS
- British Water Polo Championships 2006 - Results: FINALS
British Gas ASA National Age Group Championships
The top age group clubs compete for national prizes in Academy (14 and under), Junior (16 and under) and Youth (18 and under) age groups.
A preliminary qualification event is also held depending on the number of entrants. In previous years there was also a senior championship but this has more recently given way to the British Gas Water Polo Championships.
This year: 2014
- The ASA National Age Group Water Polo Championships 2014 begin with Boys' Junior Prelims on 15 - 16 February. There will also be Boys' Youth Prelims on 1 -2 March.
- Qualifiers will then continue through March with Girls' Youth Qualifiers on 15 - 16 March and Girls' Junior Qualifiers over 22 - 23 March.
- The Boys' Junior Qualifiers will take place the following weekend (29 - 30 March) before the Boys' Youth Qualifiers over the weekend of the 5 - 6 April.
- The Championship Finals and Plate competition will take place at Manchester Aquatics Centre on 26 - 27 April 2014.
- The Academy competition will take place later in the year.
- ASA National Age Group Water Polo Championships 2013 - Results: YOUTH & JUNIOR / ACADEMY
- ASA National Age Group Water Polo Championships 2012 - Results: FINALS / ACADEMY BOYS / ACADEMY GIRLS
- ASA National Age Group Water Polo Championships 2011 - Results: FINALS / ACADEMY BOYS / ACADEMY GIRLS
- ASA National Age Group Water Polo Championships 2010 - Results: FINALS
- ASA National Water Polo Championships 2008 - Results: FINALS
- ASA National Water Polo Championships 2007 - Results: FINALS
- ASA National Water Polo Championships 2006 - Results: FINALS / MEN'S PRELIM / WOMEN'S PRELIM
- ASA National Water Polo Championships 2005 - Results: FINALS
British Water Polo League
The British Water Polo League is a series of national leagues for water polo clubs in England, Wales and Scotland.
The leagues take place over weekends throughout the Autumn and Winter and culminate in the Super Fives tournament which was televised by Sky Sports in 2012.
- Head to the BWPL website for general information
- Results from the league can be found on their website here
The British Universities and Colleges Sport Championship
The British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) Water polo Championship final culminates a season stretching from October to March. Throughout the season, teams compete in a league programme, with each league made up of four teams. Institutions either play fixtures on separate dates or combine all fixtures into a round robin tournament on a single day. Each team’s position in the league pyramid determines whether they qualify for the Championship, Trophy or Shield knockout competitions. The Championship semi-finals take place over one weekend with the winners progressing to the Championship Finals weekend which also includes the Trophy and Shield Finals. Click here to visit the BUCS website and find out more.
The English Schools' Swimming Association has the latest news and results details plus upcoming championships for school events both national and international. Click here to visit the ESSA site.